Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I often find myself doing things that I probably shouldn't. I'm not talking about lust or greed or gossip, though these are sins I struggle against. I am an intern with 412, I will be going into youth ministry, and that means that, whether I want it or not, I have a bigger responsibility than I would have if I were not; a responsibility to keep a deep check on what I do, what I say, how I act. There are some things that are not really sins but I need to avoid because they may open up chasms in my line of un-professional work. I have to keep an eye on everything and make sure nothing is questionable. It's really hard; every day I see something I did or said and I am like, "Dang it," and I hope that there are no reprecussions from my mistake. It's evident how I really need to watch the way I live because, simply, people are watching, and that's nothing to take lightly.

4 comments:

darker than silence said...

Don't worry, Chad, I know. I just recognize that as an intern and, in four years, hopefully a youth minister, some of the things I do that aren't really "sin," I probably shouldn't do because they could be questionable to some people.

This may be completely irrelevant, but driving home from Excursion, I remember Jeff saying, talking about ministers, "We're supposed to show forgiveness and understanding, but if we mess up once, we're ruined." I just don't want to make that one 'mess up' that ruins everything.

Dylan said...

Hey sorry about that Anthony...You know what I'm talking about. Even if it's not a sin technically, it can lead to big problems, especially being a pastor.

Rochelle said...

We all make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them That's what helps us mature in our faith It's not easy to be in the "adult leader" role sometimes :)

darker than silence said...

You know, I was looking for that verse but got stuck in 1 Timothy and just gave up :-)

You probably didn't say ruin. I just forgot what you said and I tried to figure it out. Sorry for putting words in your mouth :-)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...