Thursday, July 07, 2005

The last few days have been tough. I've been getting over--or attempting to get over--the withdrawal effects of my pain meds before the Excursion tomorrow. Wednesday night I went rock-climbing with Dad, Jeff, and the Garlands. I didn't rock-climb though, as my head was killing me. I sat on the balcony and laid my head back and all the sounds of the gym ran through me like a saw grinding back and forth and it felt that bad. I could barely say anything at home and vividly remember driving through our subdivision and hitting every light, wondering How could this possibly be happening? When Dad took us through the I.G.A. drive-thru for pop-tarts, I had to summon every ounce of strength just to roll down the window. I had looked forward to The West Wing and a frozen pop-tart, but instead struggled for sleep as my head screamed sonnets of agony. The next day wasn't so bad. God spared me the worst of it when I was riding around with Jeff, checking out the Garage and picking up a trailer. In my down-time at home I suffered through bursts of nauseas diahrea (sorry ya'll with weak stomachs; you who've experienced are nodding your heads I'm sure). I also had nausea, a little headache, and dizziness all day. If I bent over my head shrieked. Sleep called me from 4:00 to 8:00, but when I tried to go to sleep at midnight, my head felt like lead and I stared at the ceiling for five hours with broken David Crowder lyrics running loops in my head. Today is going much better. I was able to pick up my room, make my bed, do dishes, play outside, get coffee with friends, and write without the accompanying pain. Things are looking up. My jaw still hurts a little, though.

Tomorrow is the first day of Excursion. I'm really excited. This is my first major event this summer with the Jr. Highers, and we're going to be rock-climbing and caving and talking about God and worshipping around the fire. Hopefully God spares the rain, but maybe the rain will make things more memorable? We shall see. Pray that eyes will be opened and that the Spirit has an open road into everyone's heart.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I will be praying for you guys I wish I was going :( I do hope that God does amazing things to your hearts and I hope you're feeling better Anthony

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...