Monday, July 04, 2005

I have had lots of down-time lately that I've spent just contemplating spirituality. Something that has really been on my mind lately is salvation; not really what it is, but how we accept the gift. The one I've been raised up to believe is the whole believe, confess, repent, be baptized. But I've been running into other theologies, such as we don't need to repent of our sin at all because of the Cross; I think that's crazy. I've also seen some that say there is no way to know if we are saved, but that doesn't sit well in my stomach. A new one - well, new to me - I've discovered is Lordship Salvation - we must make Christ the total Lord of our entire lives or we'll never know salvation. Lordship Salvation makes sense, but I don't know if it is completely right.

What are your guys' thoughts regarding how we accept the free gift of salvation, and where things such as discipleship, repentance, and life-change fall into play? This is really interesting me and I'd like to hear a lot from you guys as I pray the King will guide me to the right belief.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

Anthony

I think that its good your exploring the different aspects of salvation. Just like I was with different religions. Just be careful of what you choose, some people just make some of that stuff up randomly and call it a theory. I say stay simple,because thats what salvation is.

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I think it's great you have a seeking mind I agree with Dylan on keeping it simple I have a friend who gave me this advice
"In essentials unity, nonessentials liberty, in everything charity(love)" It's very easy to disagree and create hard feelings about these issues I speak from personal experience :) Spiritual mentors are so important in things like these and you have some great ones ..use them and listen for God's voice..

Anonymous said...

well i'm an agnostic and i think it is totally beyond right to explore different theologies. There is a difference between believe in what you believe because you believe or because you grew up knowing no other way. I have been condemmed to hell many time by really religous people because i choose to follow my own moral path. It's up to you

darker than silence said...

Thanks Dylan, Rochelle, Chad and Anonymous, as well as those of you I've talked to over AIM. I really appreciate you guys coming out and speaking on this controversial issue. I believe God is leading me in the right direction through all of you guys.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...