Saturday, September 09, 2006

Caleb keeps turning on the air conditioning so it's freezing in here. He went to a friend's house for the weekend so I turned the heat back on. I worked 8-11, it was really easy, then went to class. After work my stomach burned with hunger, so as I ran off to class I bought an italian wrap, a bowl of soup, and a large glass of pepsi. I stumbled into the room late, carrying a full-course meal, and the entire class broke into laughter. Amazing. I spent the day mostly hanging out with people: hit the town with Amos, watched Rocketman with Monica, Ashley, and Jessica, and hung out in the coffee shop with Coop, Rob, and Lizzie. Since most of the students are gone, the coffee shop turned into a desolate ghost town. Bored, Coop decided to start making some shakes. He made three new concoctions: a fruit roll up shake, V9 (a boxed salad and lots of cranberry juice thrown into the blender), the grilled cheese shake (made with smoked provolone), and the marblebread shake. All of these were made in the blender, and only the fruit roll up shake tasted good.

Tomorrow is dedicated to cleaning the room and (maybe) some homework. I am also going to work on my new story, and I have to write out Sunday's lesson. I'm thinking I'll teach on the Genesis 1-2 accounts; I won't press any agendas on how God did anything, but show the historical, cultural, and religious backgrounds to this beautiful poetry. I find it fascinating, and I think I can very cleverly weave into it the message of the gospel. So that's what I'm hoping for.

Good night. I am SO excited about sleeping in in the morning!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...