Thursday, September 07, 2006

I think the medicine might be helping me: I have more energy, more exuberance, more desire to be myself. The feelings of restlessness and hopelessness have lessened. I am able to sit down and study and write without quickly shutting the laptop in apathy. It's been a wonderful last few days. I hope it's the medicine so it doesn't wear off, haha.
I ate lunch with Kyle, his girlfriend Emily, and Emily's roommate Julie. Lots of laughter all around. The girls were crying tears of laughter. Julie is really cute. I confessed this to Emily, and she said, "Julie doesn't really ever leave the dorm unless I drag her out. We'll go bowling or something sometime with you and her. Not like a date, that way it's not awkward or anything." She said, "When we were walking back, she said that you're very funny, and you didn't try to force the funniness like some people." Some people say I am naturally funny. I think girls like it?
I spent the evening hanging out with lots of friends: Monica, Jessica, Ryan, Dan. I went to the woods with Nate and Amos, and we talked about God and Christianity and the sick Christian subculture. Monica is going through a hard time, so I sat with her on the bench and absorbed her thoughts. It helped her think through some things and find some clarity. An ear is often more helpful than a mouth.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Most girls just want someone to listen to them and not try to "solve" their problems so an ear is more often than the mouth :) I'm glad you're medicine is working for you...still praying for you

Dylan said...

I heard a quote on time..."The way to a persons heart is through your ears.." I thought it was good.

Fiona said...

Great to hear your medicine is working.
And about being funny. Yeah girls like it. I mean I like it. I think humor is important. Cause after all you want to walk around with a smile on your face :)
And listening often helps, that's why Matt often comes to me, because I listen to what he has to say. If he wants my opinion he can ask otherwise I just listen in silence.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...