Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dylan and Tyler came over yesterday, and we went to Guitar Center and Borders before returning home to make some prank phone calls to friends and watch an episode of "NCIS." I spent the rest of the night watching more episodes of NCIS before finally going to bed around 1:00 a.m. (the earliest I've gone to bed in a long time, excluding my few days of being sick). Today I pulled out my spring clothes--shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops--to celebrate the arrival of momentary warm weather. We ate out at Olive Garden for Ams' birthday: fantastic mussels! I do enjoy Seafood. I've eaten so much seafood in the last month: two visits to Red Lobster and then mussels today, and toss in some random shrimp from Lone Star and some seafood from a Chinese restaurant. I need to go to Maine and eat lobster right off the boat. Wow, that would be nice. But I'm stuck in stupid Ohio.

Tomorrow I leave for Washington, D.C. I'm pretty excited.

I've been reading N.T. Wright's "Simply Christian." Everyone should read it, I think. It's almost as amazing as Dallas Willard's "The Divine Conspiracy." Some theologians have been calling N.T. Wright's work "the next Mere Christianity".

I realize that I stopped midway through my exploration of salvation. Expect that to restart soon. Also expect my book review of "Do You Want To Be Healed" to begin soon, chapter-by-chapter. I want to use my blog as a study for books I'm reading, writing little summaries, reviews, and quotations from each chapter on my blog weekly. I'm going to use a controversial book next: "Your Best Life Now" by Joel Olsteen. My aunt really likes him, so I'm going to see what I like and dislike about his book before I rain down condemnation ("Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover").

1 comment:

Mike said...

Good luck with the Osteen book. I hope you don't have any cavities, the sugary sweetness of his oversimplified theology might give you a toothache.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...