Wednesday, March 21, 2007

spring 2007


The weather outside is beautiful. I can’t help but smile with the wonderful entrance of spring. The birds sing in the trees, the sun dances over the grass, the air tingles against my cheeks. There is some sort of spirituality to it all: the wasteland of winter is evolving into the promise of summer, and spring is the transition. I have had a wonderful last few weeks, getting to know people and feeling my life change, and I feel as if I am in a transition: turning my back upon my life as I knew it and stepping into a totally different realm, one I didn’t expect but one that God had promised me would come. I can’t really explain this right now; after all, it is just something I feel, not something I can describe to you—even with eloquently-poised words.

I am really confused right now, about a lot of things, but this is a different sort of confusion. I’m getting to the point, I think, where it’s easier for me to trust God. I remember something He spoke to me over a year ago, a promise He made to me, and I remember something He told me (or so I believe He told me) at the beginning of first semester this year. I can’t help but wonder if the whirlpool of events in which I find myself is that which God was speaking of. You are undoubtedly confused, and I would explain in greater detail, but the truth is, I can’t (for more reasons than me being just as confused as you!). I guess I will just see where the road takes me, trusting that God knows what He is doing.

I want to start a serious Bible study, but I don’t know where to begin. I think I will start with something “simple” (perhaps the Book of Jude). My desire is to read the books in their original contexts with their original impacts, and then let the words of the writers pierce me, and then let the Holy Spirit guide me into making these convictions, encouragements, and commands a reality in my own life. The issue, though, is “time.” I know that is such a pitiful excuse, but I tend to be a lazy person. However, I truly desire to grow closer to God, to taste His goodness, to experience the grace and peace that comes from Him… and I know it will take effort: time and energy. It is this way with all relationships.

I am going out to eat at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Covington we C.C.U. students like to call “Dirty Doug’s” (because it is so mangy inside). But don’t let the lack of cleanliness deceive you: the food is top quality. A friend and I haven’t seen each other for quite some time, so we’ve decided to check out the old haunt. And I’m supposed to meet him in one minute so I must go. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...