Monday, March 12, 2007



Some friends and I went to see the movie "300" on Saturday, but it was so good that I went to see it again this afternoon :). I can't tell you how fantastic the movie is. Maybe it's the digital effects ("Sin City" caught my eye), maybe it's the great acting (the actor playing King Leonidas is fantastic), or maybe it's just that it's about an ancient battle (I love ancient history, especially ancient military history; countless books of this nature occupy my shelves). Whatever the reason, I find this movie very enjoyable. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out, and I'm listening to the soundtrack on my computer right now (purchased with birthday money from my grandparents).

My spring break has gone pretty well so far. Saturday I was still a little sick, so I just lied around and watched television most of the day. I woke up around 10:00 on Sunday, but I felt sick so I did not go to church. I felt better later on, so I went to Starbucks and hammered out a few pages on my new novel. Amanda and Tom were there, and Megan and Jackie stopped by. I sat and talked with them for a while, then continued my writing. Amanda's English teacher wants me to come and speak in front of the class about creative writing; I told her I'd love to do it. There's something to look forward to.

On Wednesday I am leaving for Washington, D.C. I plan on spending most of the time to write, and I also want to walk The Mall and visit a few museums. I'll take a lot of pictures, and I might post some on here if they're any good. We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to the plane ride; hopefully I have a window-seat, those are the best.

Here's a screen-shot from the movie. The actors play their roles with an amazing ferocity:



No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...