Saturday, March 10, 2007



Mom sent me this picture over email, wishing me a happy twentieth birthday. I really like it :). My birthday went pretty well: one easy class, followed by lunch with Trista, then Nate and I went to Clifton by U.C. to visit a coffee house, drink coffee, and chat things up. Trista, Courtney and I went for a random drive that lasted about an hour, laughing without cause the entire way. Candace and I went to Barnes & Nobles, then Jessica and Monica joined us for a fun time at Applebee's.

I finally started work on a book I've been wanting to write for a while. Chapter One clocked out in its rough draft at around 50 pages; I'm really excited, because the sequencing and dialogue are authentic and genuine: they smack of realism. The book should be pretty long; it's my most complicated one yet. I might turn it into a trilogy. Who knows? I am going to spend a lot of time working on it this week. It feels really great to get back to writing.

Sadly, I woke up Friday morning feeling absolutely horrible. I puked all over the place and spent the rest of the day in bed. I'm feeling much better now, but I'm not at 100% yet. If I make any sudden movements, my stomach begins to church and bubble. I'm going to get as much sleep as possible tonight to aid the healing process.

Over the past few months, I gained 40 pounds. I am confident that this is because of all the depression: I became apathetic and simply did not care about my weight. Now, however, I want to return to a healthy lifestyle (and that includes finally purging smoking; that's going to be hard).

I found this pretty cool testimony online that is really encouraging to me. Check it out here.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...