Wednesday, March 14, 2007


I’ve picked up this book below as some reading material over break, and so far I am impressed. I highly recommend it to everyone. I really enjoyed N.T. Wright’s Paul, even though I often found it too technical and detailed to comprehend sometimes. His writing in this book, however, is very simplistic. The first third of the book focuses on some evidences that there are bigger things going on in our world than we often admit, and he uses very detailed and sophisticated arguments to make his point. In part three, he moves into an examination of the Christian faith from his perspective. And in the final part, he contemplates how our lives might be different if Christianity were true. I’m only to the beginning of part two, and I really enjoyed part one. Pick this one up!

My dad and I arrived in Washington, D.C. around 5:00, and we took a taxi to our hotel right along a popular strip of restaurants and shops. We spent the evening walking down Connecticut Avenue and examining the hole-in-the-wall eateries and such; we have a list of restaurants we want to “knock up”, including a steak house and an Italian eatery, both of which are, from hearsay, amazing. Tomorrow I am going to shower, go get some food somewhere down Connecticut Avenue, then maybe read some more from “Simply Christian” at Dupont Circle. When my dad gets out of his conference meeting, we’re going to go to The Mall and explore some of the monuments in the setting sun. I’m definitely taking my camera. We’ll probably grab food on the way back (looking at monuments in the dark doesn’t sound too invigorating to either of us).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...