Monday, May 21, 2007

another mundane monday

I've had a headache all day. Maybe it's from having so much fun yesterday? I drove down to Colerain to visit Courtney. When I walked in her front door, we looked at one another awkwardly for a few moments, then embraced in a hug. I missed her so much and didn't ever want to let go! We went out to eat a Chinese buffet, grabbed coffee at Starbucks, and walked around Newport across the river. We went to "the beach", but it was dried up since the river is really low. We laid out on a blanket for a while and watched (ironically) The Break-Up. It was hilarious. I didn't want to leave, but my eyes were getting heavy and I knew I needed to get home. We held one another for a little while, outside by the Prism, then I forced myself to leave. All I could think about as I drove back home was her--how much I already missed her. And I still miss her. I can't wait to see her again.

I have one more epistle of Paul's Pastoral Letters to study. Titus was good, 1 Timothy even better. Titus and 1 Timothy deal with basically the same things and should be read together. 2 Timothy deals with different issues and was probably written around A.D. 67, being Paul's final letter that we know of before his martyrdom under the Roman powers. I hope to have my study of 2 Timothy done by tomorrow night. On Wednesday I am visiting Nate and *maybe* Courtney. She is coming up for two days in two weeks, which I'm really excited about. It will be my last time to see her before camp starts (I leave for camp on the 4th; the Niagara Falls trip was canceled).

It's been good being around my family more, but I miss my friends at college. *sigh*

I had this weird dream when I took a nap this afternoon. In the dream, Courtney was the ring-bearer of the One Ring, being chased by orcs in the land of Mordor. Amanda told me about a weird dream she had: she dreamt she was a Union soldier who dressed up as the Confederates and, alongside her compatriot Keira Knightly, assassinated the Confederate general, who was dealing a bad hand of atrocities against the general public.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...