Tuesday, May 01, 2007

another average tuesday...

Courtney and I had a nice, long discussion last night on the hill regarding our relationship, the future, and everything in-between. We mulled over our relationship now and discovered changes that need to be made if we want to have a future together. It was a good conversation, and I'm glad we had it. I can only see so far into the relationship, and sometimes I need to be told where I am not doing too well. Truth is, I don't have too much experience when it comes to relationships, so I need some foreign illumination sometimes. I am thankful Courtney felt comfortable enough with me to bring some of these issues up. Some I knew already existed, others came as a surprise. Nonetheless, things are continuing to go well with this wonderful girl. We've had our arguments and fights, but in the end we've resolved them and grown stronger through them.

Megan, Nate, Courtney and I went to the choir ensemble tonight at 7:00. It lasted nearly two hours, but it was very good. They sang a lot of southern gospel songs, which I enjoyed. The atmosphere was euphoric. I had to get up and leave a few times because of major gas, but I didn't miss the best parts of the show. Several of my friends--Kirby, Gerson, Candace, to name a few--are in the choir, so it was good to see them in their "element."

Here are some pictures of a trip that Courtney, Trista and I took to Smokey Bones in Florence.











1 comment:

agapetos said...

Love the crayon in your hand! And the look of "love" in Courtney's face in the last picture!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Sounds like you're discovering that relationships take a lot of work! It's all worth it!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...