Thursday, May 10, 2007

let me clarify...

As I wrote my last post as a stream-of-thought flowing from my consciousness without any particular order, reason, or rhyme, I think it might make sense for me to clarify exactly what happened yesterday and what is going on between Courtney and me.

Both of us really like each other.
Both of us have things we need to work on in our own lives.
Both of us know that being in a relationship will make these changes harder.
Both of us, then, are taking a break to work on our issues over the summer.
Both of us want to get back together when next semester comes around.

It is not a "break-up" in the strictest sense of the word. A more accurate depiction would be a "break." We talked on the phone for a while last night, and it was good. I really like this girl and she really likes me. But we know what had to be done for the betterment of ourselves and for the betterment of our relationship. A sacrifice needed to be made, and while it sucks, we both hope that it will make our relationship that much stronger when fall semester comes around. There is no animosity between us. She is a wonderful girl, and I am thankful to call her one of my best friends. I can talk to her about everything and nothing, and each word spoken or unspoken is known.

I hope that brings some clarification if anyone was confused.

Now I must go. I moved back home last night, but I have to return to campus to work my last shift at work. I'll be working alongside Monica and Abby, so it won't be bad at all. I clean and check out of my room after work, and then it's home for the summer. *sigh* It was a bittersweet semester.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...