Tuesday, May 22, 2007

i'm so tired i cannot sleep

I find it slightly ironic that the moment I began to write this post, Kurt Cobain's "Pennyroyal Tea" came on through my media player with the lyrics, "I'm so tired, I cannot sleep..." That's pretty much where I am right now. I am not blaming it on insomnia; no, I think it has more to do with me sleeping for twelve hours straight yesterday, then, a few hours later, taking a three-hour nap from 5:00 to 8:00. So it only feels like I've only been up for ten hours (blended with the slight, acrid taste of exhaustion in my mouth).

I've spent this time of solitude well, as everyone in the house is sleeping for work or school and thus there are no distractions. I had two major works I planned on publishing, so I finally did it! I have published my "Old Testament Prophecy" notes and my first novel, "Starseed," which I wrote when I was a freshman in high school (five years ago! holy cow!). It's amazing for me to see how much my writing has excelled in those five years. You can download them for free or buy them in paperback (along with my other works, which can be viewed through links on the right side bar) here.






I think I'm going to go get some snapshots of the sunrise. I was thinking yesterday, "I want to get some sunrise pictures for my photo album, but I'll never wake up early enough." Now all I need to do is go out on the deck. Good day to all of you.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...