Friday, May 04, 2007

and we dance the night away...



Courtney and I dancing outside Wednesday night.

I haven't seen Courtney much since Wednesday, because she has been enslaved in work at her grandparents motorcycle racing track and swamped in writing lesson plans for one of her classes. I'm excited about hanging out with her Sunday night: we might go get coffee at Newport if we can borrow someone's car.

Most of my dorm room is moved out. I've packed up all but a handful of my books (books I need for a project this coming week), and I've brought almost all my laundry home. This time next week I will be moved into home for the summer, and that thought is both exciting yet depressing. Exciting, because I won't have to arise at the crack of dawn anymore, I'll have more time to devote to writing, and I'll enjoy a good summer job working with both Kyle and Amos. Depressing, because I won't see many of my friends for quite some time, I'll only see Courtney a few times over the summer, and sometimes being alone in the house has a tendency to become exhausting emotionally (stupid genes).

Mom had her tonsils removed today. She's up and moving about in spurts, sleeping in between, but doing rather well. Both my grandparents and my aunt Teri came down to see how she is doing. My mom's parents, my aunt, my sister and her boyfriend Tom, and I all went to Marion's in Centerville for dinner. Deluxe pizzas are great. I'm thinking about buying a used xbox; I can get them online for relatively cheap. I have to write a paper on David & Bathsheba this weekend, as well as finish my Pauline Epistles exam. Dyke asked us to email him about our final exam, but none of us have heard anything back from him, so I have no idea on how to prepare for this supposed test. I'm not worried about it, though.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...