Sunday, February 01, 2009

Flight of the Concords




I wanted to share that video from "The Flight of the Concords", a New Zealand folk rock band that is going into Season 2 of its own H.B.O. Series. I liked their music before I saw the television show, and I must admit, I am a big fan. It ties in with House, The Office, Family Guy, and Arrested Development--all great television shows.

I have been put on a different medicine for my bipolar disorder. Starting these types of medicines is always difficult because of the physical effects they have upon me. For instance, whenever I would begin taking Depakote, I would be stricken with nausea, an aching body, great drowsiness, inability to concentrate and pay attention, etc. I’m on a different medicine now, and I was sick for most of today: nausea, dizziness, blurred vision. All side-effects of the medicine. *sigh* I wish there were a medicine out there that didn’t make me miserable as I transitioned into it. Oh well. I’m going to give it a decent chance. At least I’m happy during all of the physical pain. Hopefully this time I won’t toss out the baby with the bathwater (tossing out the medicine due to the ill physical effects), and hopefully this time things will work out better for me.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...