Monday, February 23, 2009

the seventh week

Monday. I went to breakfast for my usual: wheat toast and coffee. Genesis 1-11 went well. I showered and worked until 1:00 and did homework before my Gospel of Mark class with Kyle and Gambill. I skipped out on dinner and went to Mount Echo, and I spent the evening hanging out with Mikaela in the coffee shop. She said I could never make her feel awkward, so I licked her. That made her feel awkward. I win. We talked about our exes: me and Courtney, her and Logan. It was saddening for both of us. Remembering Courtney made my heart ache.

Tuesday. I had a busy morning and afternoon between work at the Hilltop and classes. I went to Mount Echo and rehearsed my message for Devos. Jessie and I had dinner together, and then I taught at Devos. It went really well; I really do enjoy teaching and sharing stories.

Wednesday. I spent the afternoon after class at Mount Echo for prayer in the woods. I went to the café and wrote a paper for my class Heaven & Hell. Deshay and I had dinner together, and then I went over to Isaac’s apartment where we discussed literature and shared poetry.

Thursday. I missed Romans and had breakfast in the cafeteria. I decided to go home after Geology. Jessie called me crying, frustrated with life and frustrated with herself.

Friday. I woke at 6:30 AM for pancakes and coffee and did laundry. I returned to campus around 4:00 and had dinner with Katie. She’s totally head over heels for Dylan W. and I’ve no idea why. It pisses me off. Jessie’s mom is in town, staying with her and Faikham. I spent the evening in the Hilltop writing.

Saturday. I grabbed brunch with Brock & Gambill, then went to the lab to study minerals for Geology. I went to Rohs Street Café in Clifton for a few hours and worked on Dwellers of the Night. Mandy Kimes asked if I was going to send it to a publisher. I told her No. She and I talked for a while over the internet. She’s a great girl, from a Unitarian background. She’s an adorable, passionate, and wonderful girl. But our life goals are radically different, so even though I do indeed feel an inkling of… something… it’d be foolish to even give it thought.


Sunday. I woke up with a horrible headache, popped some aspirin, and went back to bed. Ams called and woke me up, and she went to Rally’s and got me some food. I worked until 9:00 with Katie and Jessie. Ams hung out at the bar. Ashley M. came in with her friends and introduced me as her stalker. (Inside joke; I’m not stalking her).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...