Friday, February 20, 2009

a meaningless post not worth reading

My friend Jessie’s mom is in town this weekend, and we may be going ice skating tomorrow night. If that were the case, it would be exciting. I have a busy week coming up: twelve papers, no exaggeration. You would think that with this workload I would be getting started. But then again, that would be the reasonable and responsible and logical thing to do. I am doing quite the opposite. I am drinking coffee and sitting in the coffee shop and working on my book. I am at 711 pages; only 89 to go before the Rough Draft is complete. I’ve been working on it since December of 2007, and it is quite the strange feeling to be this close to finishing the Rough Draft. Once the Rough Draft is complete, I will be spending a considerable amount of time each day going through it in the coffee shop, revising and editing and reshaping and remolding and adding and deleting. Basically making it even better. I have already sold 1000 copies of Book One and Book Two combined (I think I already mentioned this, but I am just too excited not to mention it again). Over the weekend I downloaded several planes for my flight simulator. I think tonight I will finish the first half of “Chapter 39: The Angels of Sunset Avenue” and then play some flight simulator? It is a Friday night, so campus is deserted. All the usual peeps are either out or at home. But that’s okay. Being alone is more conducive to my writing. And my writing is a big priority for me.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...