Wednesday, March 02, 2011

30 Days (XVI)

A Picture of Someone Who Inspires You


JESUS!
Ok. I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head.

There are lots of people who inspire me, people whom I look up to for various reasons. These are generally people I'm very close to. My dearest friends, my wonderful family, co-workers whom I admire. All of this is to say that I'm not the kind of person who patterns my life after one single person. We all have our good things, we all have our bad. We are all made of dust, but sometimes we have rusted gems clinging to our dirty feet. I put Jesus up to be wholly cliche, but there is some truth in the matter. I believe Jesus showed us what it looks like to live as human beings should live; he was a human person not consumed and ravaged by evil. His life shows us what it looks like to live as is fitting for genuine human beings, and we are called to conform to his image; that is, the image of genuine human personhood. Now, of course, there will be those who think that I perceive Jesus as just some great moral teacher, a cut above and beyond the rest. No, no. I believe in Jesus' humanity--to the uttermost--and his divinity as well, likewise to the uttermost. Different Christian sects tend to focus on one or the other, and lately I've been doing a lot of focusing on his human personhood; so, yes, that's where this post comes into play. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...