Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11



30 Days of Photos is over, and I couldn't be happier. It was wearing me out. So many of the questions were veiled repetitions of the ones before, too; it kinda made me sad that I found a different--and better--questionnaire on a random website about two days ago. The questions were incredible. I may have to throw them in here sometime; there were only about ten of them, so that's much less a commitment than the 30 Days. Now I can resume normal blog postings; you know, the pointless one's detailing my "adventurous" life and such of that nature. To begin, we'll overlook my four-day weekend ("sort of" a four-day weekend; I had Thursday and Friday off work, a meager shift Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday off, too). 

Wednesday. I guess my weekend began Wednesday after a short 6-10:00 shift. My good friend Jessica went to D.C. so I burned her copies of "Adele" and "Florence & The Machine," and in the middle of the CDs I inserted the smash-hit "parody/mockery" song "Friday" by Rebecca Black. A running joke since we listened to the song on a random road trip to Cincinnati a week or two ago. I went down to Cincinnati and met up with Jessie and Kugler at The Hilltop Cafe, my place of employment in college. Ran into a bunch of people I remembered and miss. It was weird being there; I hadn't been there in over a year, if memory serves me correctly (doubtful), and it's just weird how much has changed, and yet how much has remained the same. Jessie and I got lunch at The Anchor and caught up on all the goings-ons in our lives. I left Cincinnati for Dayton, she left for Illinois, and it's always good when we get to see each other. She's getting married soon, and that's very exciting. I spent the afternoon napping in Blake's bed while watching tv, and then Mandy and I hung out for a bit and a solo artist named Bradley Hathaway gave a free showing at the Claypole house (he's friends with Blake, I think?). He was really good, but I must admit for the majority of the show I was out on the front porch with Mandy and one of her work friends, or on the back porch with Jessie, Tony, and Whitley. Gambill showed up and we ran over to Amanda's apartment to see her and Sarah. We went back to the Claypole House and I drank some coffee with Rob and then headed back to Dayton, getting in around 2:00 AM.

Thursday. Amanda came up and we spent much of the day together. I watched countless episodes of "Arrested Development," and then ran over to Carly's apartment to hang out with her, Jessica, and Jessica's roommate Emily. They didn't stay long (ran to Chicago Friday morning), and when they left, Carly and I hung out in the living room and talked about theology, eschatology, repentance,the difference(s) between demonic oppression and demonic possession, etc. It was great. 

Friday. I went back down to Cincinnati. Scored some tea with Jessie and Mandy (see photo above, taken at the tea shoppe). I had a chai bubble tea. Bits of tapioca pudding inside. Phenomenal. Mandy spilled her iced tea all over the place, and I snapped some pictures of it. They didn't turn out too well, unfortunately. We went to the Claypole House and I got a t-shirt with a koala on it. Amazing. Mandy and I were going to run to Clifton but something came up and she had to abandon the house. No worries: I spent the evening with Blake and Rob. I don't get to spend much time with Rob, and it's good to sit down and laugh with him like old times. 

Saturday. I finally got some alone-time. Lied on the sofa all day and watched episodes of "Arrested Development," able to recharge. So much laughter. I haven't watched the show in a long time, and in each episode I notice things I never saw before. The show is so multi-layered; just go to wikipedia and look up an episode, and see how much allusions and foreshadowings and flash-backs and inside jokes they have. I've watched later episodes with people unfamiliar with the show, and many of the jokes are lost because they haven't seen the rest of the show. It's like "Lost," I guess, except it's a comedy. And not as multi-layered. 

Sunday. Dylan and Tyler came over in the afternoon, and we went by work and had a bonfire out back with Dad. Dewenter showed up, and after the twins left, we watched a documentary on the Deep Sea, all the weird sea creatures and shit that live in those depths. Scary stuff. The material of nightmares. They had one type of... thing... that was the inspiration for the alien in "Alien." It looked a lot like it, except it was pretty small. And they had one carnivorous animal that was the size of a pea. Crazy stuff. We hooked up with Carly, her boyfriend Devyn, and his sister Alison for dinner at China Cottage. Inviting more people into our tradition. Dewenter went home and I went with the rest of the clan to Carly's apartment where we watched "The Usual Suspects."

That was my weekend. Today I worked 7-3:30 (went in at 5:30, looking at last week's schedule; damn it), played with Sky, fixed a breakfast dinner--turkey bacon, eggs, and toast--and then took a two-hour nap, sleeping till 7:00. It's 8:30 now and I'm pretty well-rested and don't know what to do. Well. At least I updated my blog?

2 comments:

Blake said...

I tried to get Mandy to watch The Usual Suspects just the other night. She was in too goofy of a mood to get into it.

Dylan said...

I'm glad your 30 days are over. I missed your daily blog posts about your days and what you ate that day. My favorite.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...