Tuesday, March 15, 2011

intermission: amanda's 22nd

Amanda turned 22 yesterday. I worked till noon and then ran down to Cincinnati. Amanda and I spent some one-on-one time together, and then we joined Blake for an outing at Rock Bottom Brewery. Our waitress kept cracking "That's What She Said" jokes, so we tipped her well. Blake got the Mac & Cheese; Ams got a pepperoni pizza; and I had the nachos. Blake exclaimed, "Man, none of us got anything alcoholic to drink!" I guess no one (surprisingly) felt like drinking. We returned to the Claypole House and Gambill joined us and we played some video games and crowded the sofas, then went upstairs with Mandy for a while. We turned up some Florence & The Machine and everyone was tired so we all just fell asleep sprawled about the room. I woke up and rubbed my eyes and went downstairs to smoke a cigarette with Amos on the front porch, and then Rob made a French Press (this was around 1:00 AM) and we shared some cups and then I returned home. 

It's kind of weird that Amanda is 22. I'm her older brother, and I'm glad I treat her as an adult, rather than crowding her life. Our friendship is afire and we respect one another, and I think that makes our relationship all the more better. Not that I don't look after her, or step in when I think I should step in; and she does the same for me (did it just the other day, in fact, pointing out some things in my life that need a second glance). Regardless, I'm so glad she's my sister, and I'm glad we're friends with the same people for the most part (truth be told, she steals my friends; and though sometimes I make a pretend fuss about it, I'm glad she does, because it's great to hang out with all them and her at the same time). I'm confident our friendship will continue till the day we die. Even if she went psycho and killed someone, I'd visit her in prison as much as I could. Because she's that awesome. 

Now to do some writing.
And then to curl up with Sky.
And then to go to bed.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...