Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the dayton days [58]

Me & Skyler. She looks tense because there's a
stick nearby. She has a sort of fetish...
Monday. Skyler--a.k.a. Sky--slept in my room last night. Dad doesn't hate her, so he said OK. She's ours. Well, technically she's mine. I worked 7:30-3:30, then went down to Cincinnati. Blake, Amos, Ams, Mandy, Gambill and I gathered in Mandy's room for several hours, and we all stumbled out in a thick haze. I went downstairs and had a beer with Rob, and Mandy made pancakes for dinner.

My 24th Birthday. Mandy & I crushed a French-press of African, and then I had more coffee at The Anchor with Sarah. It was good to catch up. I returned home to do some cleaning and to play with Sky. I'm training her to bring the stick to me instead of just dropping it when we play fetch. "Skyler's your birthday gift," Mom said. We ran to the store, got her a bed, and rounded off the night with ice cream.

Wednesday. I worked a long-ass 6-2:30, and then Jessica and I took Skyler for a walk in the rain at Stubb's Park. She loved it. Chasing sticks and splashing in puddles. Jess & I had lots of great conversation, and after the walk we sat under the gazebo and smoked cigarettes and talked about all sorts of things with the rain falling in hammering sheets all around us. I gave Skyler a bath when we got home: she doesn't like it, but she's supple. Tyler & I grabbed dinner at Sammy's Tex-Mex, and I had chimichangas and some fried ice cream to polish it off. Jess & I were going to grab some beers during Mom's bible study, but she fell asleep. That happens often. The girls from Mom's group LOVE Skyler.

Thursday. I worked 11-4:00 with my mentorship with Wade sandwiched in the middle. Leah worked 2-7:00, so we worked together. It wasn't bad. Carly and I were going to get sushi but she's in the ER: pissing blood. Doctors are running tests to figure out what's wrong. It started snowing after work. I hate this snow. I had China Cottage for dinner. Apparently I'll be wealthy when I get older, at least according to my fortune. Quite laughable.

Friday. I worked 10-6:00 and then sat on the front porch yearning for spring and smoking a cigarette in the cold. Mom had Sky put in my name at the bureau. "She's already so in love with you" The brakes on the Celica are shot; I'm hoping to get them fixed tomorrow, or at least this weekend. There were so many cute girls at work today. We smoked and watched "Inception," I've never been so into a movie in my entire life. It was phenomenal. 

Saturday. I worked 5:30-2:00, opened with JJ, always a great time. I'm surely blessed to have this job; I thank God for it. Ams came up. Mom & Dad went to Columbus for Barnhart Game Night. Ams and I sat on the front porch and smoked. Ams said she's glad Leah & I broke up. "She's a great girl, but she's way too young for you. You're mature now, and everyone likes it." 

Sunday. We lost an hour last night. Now the mornings will be darker, the evenings lighter. I worked on "Reframing Repentance" at work. Nearly 300 pages right now. Sky went on a walk at Sugarcreek Reserve and loved it. Dad & I worked on the Celica, tinkering with the brakes and motors. We have to take it to the shop tomorrow. Mom, Dad, Ams & I grabbed lunch at Archer's. I had a beer, a wrap, and a salad. Dad & I watched TV and he fell asleep, as always. Mom & Ams went shopping and then Ams went back to Cincinnati. I ran to DLM for groceries and to The Marketplace for cigarettes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...