Thursday, March 31, 2011

the dayton days [60]*

Jessica being a badass in the car
Amanda's 22nd Birthday. Morning ritual at 4:15 AM: cigarette, coffee, let Sky out, get dressed, let Sky back in, go to work (I shower at night). We were decently slow, even for a Monday. Memorable conversation topic: inter-species relationships. I had a bagel for lunch and went home to nap, play with Sky, and work on "Reframing Repentance." Mom came home and we took the Celica to the auto shop, and then I took the Vibe down to Cincinnati to celebrate Ams' birthday with "The Crew": Mandy, Blake, Amos, and Gambill. Rob and Tony were there, too, watching their ridiculous movies and making coffee. Ams, Blake and I got dinner at Rock Bottom. We returned to the Claypole House and gathered in Mandy's room to celebrate with Mandy and Gambill. We used John's "Gandalf Pipe." For two hours we just listened to music without saying a word. "Florence & The Machine." I had to leave so I went downstairs and smoked a cigarette with Amos, had some coffee with Rob, and went home to play fetch with Sky at 2 AM. 

Tuesday. I slept in till 9:00. Since my car was in the shop, I was stuck at home until Mom came home from work. I did lots of cleaning and played with Sky, watched TV and did some writing. The shop confirmed the car's pads and rotors to be worn out; Dad and I plan on fixing them tomorrow. When Mom came home, I put Sky in the Vibe's passenger seat and took her through the Starbucks DT. She growled at Kyle in the window, and she never growls. I told Jess about it: "OMG! That makes my day!" I quoted Ace Ventura: "So it's true: dogs can sense evil." Mom smoked 1/2 a cigarette in the house. Quite out-of-character. In some ways she's rebellious deep down. That's probably where Ams gets it. I yelled at Mom, "Don't smoke that in here! You'll make the place smell!" She winked: "I'll just tell your dad that you did it." 

Wednesday. I worked 7:30-4:00. We got tips so I went to DLM and got some mashed potatoes and had some for dinner with corn on the side. Mom had her bible study. The topic was sex, so I wasn't allowed anywhere near. Dad and I worked on the brakes. A new part will hopefully finish the job tomorrow. I had a headache all freaking day.

Saint Patrick's Day. I worked 10-5:00, covered an extra two hours for Wade (he's going out-of-town), and smoked with Jessica on my 10. Kyle's been getting worse. He "touched" her 3 times today, and it ruined her day. "You need to talk to him about it," I said, "or I will." After work I took Sky for a walk, worked out, and had grilled chicken and parmesan potatoes for dinner. Leah came by to see Sky and then she joined me for a trip to DLM for groceries. She left just as Pat D. pulled up. "Dude, she's cute, you should date her!" he said. I just laughed. Dad & I worked on the brakes some more: the shop gave us the wrong part, so we had to order yet another part. I'm being taught patience and I don't like it. I just want my car back.

Friday. I worked 6:30-3:00, did some work on "Reframing Repentance." Mom & I watched "Inception" (I bought it last week), and we fixed fish, asparagus, and mushrooms for dinner. Mom & Dad went to bible study, so did some more writing--only 1/2 a chapter to go until I finish the rough draft!--and played with Sky in the yard and then took her through the 'Bux for a puppy whip. The car's brakes are even worse today: here's to a successful car repair tomorrow! 

Saturday. Jessica kept drunk-texting me all night long, drinking with her roommate Emily. I drove the Vibe to work (9-4:00) so Dad could tinker with my car. When I got home, we finished the job. The new brakes are WONDERFUL. Mom made dinner, and then Jessica and I went down to Cincinnati after meeting up at the 'Bux. Leah was there, was pretty cold towards me: probably assumed Jess and I are dating. That's definitely not the case. Though to be entirely honest, I do find myself liking her a bit. Not overwhelmingly-so, but I'm attracted to her and she's pretty awesome. Am I going to say something? HELL no. But I think she may be starting to find herself attracted to me. Just things she's said and done. Like drunk-texting me, emphasizing how she wants a Christian guy, and she told me that before she realized what an ass and liar Kyle is she considered dating him because he seemed cool at the time, but doing it in secret, "because he was a barista, and I was a shift, so we couldn't date; but seriously, eff that." At the same time, she's borderline in love with her friend Brian, who doesn't like her, but she does know he's not good for her. The two of us went to the Claypole House and she met Rob & Mandy, Ams & Gambill, and C. Isaac, who was also there.We gathered in Mandy's room to hang out. We all had a good time, and Jessica said she really likes all those guys and would love to go back sometime. We got back into town around 2 AM and split ways. 

Sunday. I woke to coffee, cigarettes, and playtime with Sky. Dylan, Tyler, Dewenter and I got China Cottage for lunch. We shared beers back at the house, sitting on the front porch in this phenomenal weather. They headed home and I had some shrimp for dinner. I talked with Jessica for a bit. I should probably slay any and all developing feelings for her. But, alas, I am at the mercy of my own heart. 

* As for the asterisk, there's two weeks entitled "[44]", which means that everything past this is under a week. So this, [59] in the series, is actually [60] in the series. And because I'm too lazy to go back and edit all the posts between 45-60, this will have to suffice.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...