Saturday, June 11, 2011

the boss is gone

So we're stripping for tips.


Apology cats for not updating recently. Life has been quite chaotic as of late. So many things to do, so little time to do them. Not that I'm not finding time for myself amidst all this (such as tonight, when I can actually update my blog). 

Miscellania. This week, despite the busyness, has been good. On Tuesday I got to hang out with Carly, which is always good (she's nights, I'm mornings, and she's doing an internship with Southbrook so she's nearly always busy; and she got me a eucalyptus candle which is currently burning and smells delightful), and then Tyler came over and we sat on the back porch as the sun set and caught up with one another. It hasn't yet "set in" (for me) that Dylan's gone, but Tyler (his brother) has definitely felt the aftershocks. I know they'll come soon for me, too, and are already setting in. Wednesday Jessica and I ran some errands after work and grabbed sushi for lunch. We went back by work when Carly was working and took watercolor markers and painted her car. She says vengeance is coming; I have my camera ready. Once Jess and I parted ways, I went down to Cincinnati to hang out with Amos and Mandy. We smoked the hookah and then Amanda and Gambill came by. I had Thursday off and started my next four-day stretch of work Friday. Jessica and I hung out for a bit after work, sitting on the patio for half an hour smoking our cigarettes and doing our thing (and she took the picture above). Friday evening I went down to Cincinnati again (very impromptu) for a grill-out in the hammering rain. Lightning struck twenty feet away from me, lit the sky purple, blinded my eyes, and I had to cover my ears at the noise. It felt like the air itself was going to fall apart at the seams. Another grill-out took place tonight, with my old friend Jobst rolling into town. We grilled chicken and corn-on-the-cob and I made some baked potatoes; we ended the night with chess, pipes, and a good amount of bourbon and beer. Tomorrow I get to see Patrick, and Monday I'm going to the Cincinnati Zoo with Amanda, Blake, and Mom. It should be good.

Weight Loss. I'm not doing the weight-loss thing anymore because I always forget and I just don't care. I've hit my goal (135#) and have been building muscle as well as I can. I'm content with how I look (or at least I'm trying to be). Mandy says that if I lose anymore weight I'll look like a child. Since I already look half my age, I should be wary of such a course-of-action. 

"The Girl". I'm neither feeding nor starving my affections for her. We like each other, she's not in the place to date, and I figure that if it's meant to happen, it'll happen. If my affections for her die and I end up liking someone else, so be it. If not, then hopefully we can end up together. The entire dynamic may very well change once I move down to Cincinnati (hopefully) at the end of the summer. Right now we're just hanging out, at ease, enjoying one another's company, seeing where it goes. Really, I don't know how things will turn out. I'm guessing nothing will happen, and that may very well be for the best. But no matter what we do, we're always like horses wearing blinders: our perception is never panoramic, and our attempts at understanding the dynamics of relationships can be akin to trying to distinguish a mole hill from an ant hill while wearing sunglasses in the dark.

Life. It confuses the hell out of me and good night.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...