Monday, June 13, 2011

the dayton days [71]

Monday. I had the day off, ran some errands and took Sky through DT to get her a puppy whip. It's truly like crack to her. Wade put in his transfer to Centerville. Mom went down to Cincinnati to take Amanda shopping, and I got Subway for lunch, listened to some music, and went by work to see Carly. She was in a really bad mood, drama with Devyn, she said she's thinking about dumping him. "You don't tell your girlfriend that you dread spending time with her and that she's as annoying as your 8-year-old cousin." Ouch. I deleted Jess' number from my phone: I won't be able to contact her, and God knows she won't contact me.

Tuesday. I worked 6:30-11:00, had a sales meeting with Kyle, Jess and Joanne till 11:30, hung out with Carly for a bit, and did an ecosure audit. Mom came in while I was at work and I sat with her on my 10. Jess came out onto the patio and chatted it up with Mom for a bit. I went over to Carly's apartment this evening to hang out for a bit, and then Tyler came over and we sat on the back porch and smoked. Ams is leaving her apartment. Sarah's gone off the deep-end. Titanic deep. Snorting pills, drunken sex with young guys (practically gang-bangs), just making a fool out of herself and deepening the ruin. Ams feels sick just being around her. 

Wednesday. Jess and I got off at the same time, and she suggested hanging out. We ran some errands (she got some painting supplies to break in her new easel) and we got an early dinner at Kabuki, ran a roll to Carly. When we delivered it to her at work, Kyle yelled, "Hey, Anthony, are you and Jessica in a secret love relationship?" Carly shot him down super fast. Way to make it awkward, Buddy. Before we parted ways, Jess and I used car chalk to paint all sorts of images on Carly's car. I went down to Cincinnati to hang out with Amos & Mandy upstairs and to smoke hookah with Rob. I got back around 2 AM and crashed.

Thursday. "I'll miss you when you leave," Jess told me today, "even though I'll still be able to see you." I'm trying not to read into it: her effort at hanging out yesterday was just because she was inconveniently kept out of her house 'cause it was being sprayed. I'm pretty sure that when I move, Jess & I will be done. That damned intuition; when has it failed me? Carly and I worked together: in reference to her car, she remarked, "I already know how I'm getting revenge!" I spent the day cleaning, had Subway for lunch and sushi for dinner.

Friday. I worked 6-10:00. Jess and I spent some time out on the patio talking and smoking cigarettes. An impromptu trip to Cincinnati followed: Blake, Ams & I grilled out. A big storm rolled through. Purple lightning struck Ams' car and nearly blew my brains out.

Saturday. It stormed all morning. I worked an easy albeit slow 6-2:00 shift. This evening I went back by work to see Carly. She bought me a delightful eucalyptus candle, and I sat on the front porch with Alison for a while. Jobst came over around 4:30. We grilled chicken out back and paired it with corn-on-the-cob and baked potatoes, and for desert we had some bourbon, played chess, and smoked our pipes. Carly told me that Jess told her one of the reasons she isn't super attracted to me is because I look like a kid, I'm not tall, dark, or handsome. That isn't to say, though, that I'm unattractive; but I can't help wonder how many times this will happen? Does anyone know any women who're into cute guys who look like teenagers? I sure as hell don't.

Sunday. I worked 6:30-3:00. Jess and I got off at the same time, and she asked me to wait up for her after work, and we sat out on the curb and smoked cigarettes and talked. She's considering taking an ASM position, but she's not sure about it. I spent the rest of my day sunbathing in the pool. Dewenter came over for a little bit. I cleaned one of my pipes, am soaking it in bourbon overnight. A gift to Jess, per her request. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...