Sunday, June 12, 2011

the pool

Last year Mom bought a mini-pool for our backyard. I only got in it a couple times, but yesterday I got in and was absolutely overwhelmed with how good it felt. If I didn't have company over, I would've stayed. Vacation in South Carolina is just a handful of weeks away, and I need to get some color on my pale "albino" skin (as Jessica's sister Brie called it). I hate being pale, I really do, and I tend to only get red, stay red, and then become tan in autumn. But I'm going to try and gather a bit of color this year, and I'm going to do so by laying out in the pool (we have a floatie) about every day. Because I'm so pale, I can only do twenty-thirty minutes at a time (according to a Yahoo! Answers page). I went out for the first time today, cranked some Led Zeppelin on Mom's CD player, and I absolutely loved it. After a hard and fast-paced day of work, I almost fell asleep. I'm a little red, not really burnt (except for my face and arms), but that's to be expected. Tomorrow I won't be able to do it, because WE'RE GOING TO THE ZOO! 

I hope they have koalas.

2 comments:

Blake said...

We didn't see koalas. But we did see the rhinos. "Mom, can I get a soda?"

darker than silence said...

"What kind of place has a giant statue of a rhino outside its gates but then doesn't have any in the pens?" Ha. But we saw them and I was happy. And my soda tasted delicious. Such a good time, thanks for being a part of it.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...