Thursday, June 30, 2011

vacation (III)

Amanda, Dad & I at the beach
Vacation's come to an end, and it's been great. I've covered most of the highlights in the previous blog-posts, so I'll spare the details. It's been nice to just relax, hang out, take it easy, and be lazy for a little bit. Quiet evenings listening to the cicadas, the roar of the waves against the beach, the sand tickling my toes. Watching the sunrise over the beach, the sunset over the inlet. Alligators in the waters right by the condominium. Amazing, delicious food (I've probably gained a few pounds, but I don't even care; it's not vacation if you don't). And as much as I've enjoyed this, I'm looking forward to getting back to the grindstone. Tomorrow's our last day--it'll be spent shopping, packing, and going to bed early--and Saturday we're leaving around 4-5 A.M. bound homeword. A fifteen hour drive, and I'm the first driver. We'll be getting back around 6-7:00 in the evening, and I'm going to finish packing the car, visit Carly at work, and head down to Cincinnati to finish unpacking my things and to hang out for Blake and Amos for a bit. Work starts up again next week, and Rob and Mandy will be back from Seattle sometime Tuesday. Tyler's going to come down Sunday, and Jess and Carly may come down to see me sometime next week, too. Life is good.

And in writing news: I've written around 50 pages on a new story. I'm not going to try and get it published. This is an experimental story, me trying to figure out a different style to see how I can use it effectively. Nevertheless, I think it'll be a decent project to add to my "private" collection. 

I'm drunk off Nyquil and going to bed.
See you in July.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...