Monday, August 01, 2011

the 4th week

If anything, last week was a pretty good week. Re:caps!

Monday. Worked 6-1:30. Amos is at our store now, closing nearly every night. Which means I get to work with him every day. Baller shot collar. The whole house ended up at Tazza Mia by the time I got off work. Blake, Amanda, and Mandy came in for lunch with the girls, and even Andy and the Sulzener's came in. Rob, Amos and I were working. I hung out with them for a bit after work, then spent the evening writing and hanging out with Blake, Brandy, and Amos. Nick came over and made dinner and dessert. This time: bourbon-fried banana over caramelized vanilla ice cream.

Tuesday. I went downtown early and sat out on the square drinking coffee, smoking a cigarette, and watching the pigeons. I worked till 3:00, and Amanda and I hung out for a while. Mandy took the girls to King's Island, and I spent the evening hanging out with Rob.

Wednesday. Mom picked up Sky since she and Dad are back from New York. She came into work to see me, I liked that. After work I got in an excellent upper body workout and did some pilates. Feels great to be getting back into that routine. The evening was spent in the company of Rob and Amos, then I switched sides of the house and hung out with Mandy and Sarah C. At 10:00 Amos and I went to a house Brandy's sitting on Glenway. T.J., Mandy, and Amanda joined us. We sat outside under the smoggy stars for two hours smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. We went inside and read through some journals I brought, and strangely enough, the first one Brandy read was about my college crush on her. The only entry I ever made in regards to the matter. What luck. 

Thursday. Somehow I hurt my eye overnight, probably a result of going to town (wrestling, mind you) with Amos at Brandy's the night before. Nevertheless, my first closing shift was spent in agony. I couldn't focus, couldn't stop tearing up, the pain was unbearable (my eyes are watering now just remembering it). When I got home I took a long nap, had a peanut butter sandwich for dinner, and then went straight back to bed after guzzling Nyquil.

Friday. My eye felt much better. Still sucked not having any depth perception and seeing double half the time (could only wear one contact). Amos and I closed together, and then I had training with Rob. We spent the evening smoking hookah with Rob, Blake, Andy, and even T.J. showed up.

Saturday. Helluva busy day. Ran some errands, made a stop in Clifton, and then Amos, Blake and I went downtown for coffee and paychecks at Carew Tower, and then I grabbed lunch at Soho Sushi. Damn: Fusian. I'll get that right one of these days. Brian Walker came over for a while, and Jobst made a surprise visit. I tried putting in a contact and it worked. Eye feels fine now. I went for a drive and then we had The Cupping here at the house. A variety of Asian/Pacific Blends. The Saffron was unbelievably good. This was Rob's wet dream come to life, and he had everything set up for it hours in advanced. Some grade-A people came by for it. Gambill came over, and we sat on the front porch smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. Mandy and I ran to Kroger (for orange juice, of course). Mandy, Ams, Amos and I hung out in the basement after the cupping crowd left, and Blake even joined us for a little while. Most of us didn't get to bed till 3-4:00 in the morning.

Sunday. Did some writing in the morning, ran to the bank in Delhi to deposit my check, and then watched movies all afternoon. Lunch from Subway. Mandy, Blake, Amos, Ams and I went to the Summit View pool. A security guard demanded our pool passes. Mandy threw him off on some wild goose chase to Apartment D108 (or 108D? God, you can never remember that), and we got the hell out of there. I've never seen Mandy go from a Point A (the pool) to her car (Point B) so fast. Mandy and Amanda fixed breakfast for dinner--eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and fried green tomatoes--and I hung out with Amos and Josh for a while, then went to the porch to smoke with Gambill and Mandy. We ended the night with a trip to Brandy's, where I spilled an entire box of elbow macaroni across the floor and even into the stove.

Hey, it's the beginning of August.
Which means this heat's about to get real.
I already can't stand being soaked in sweat.
Mayhaps this will be a long summer? *sigh*

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...