Wednesday, August 10, 2011

sunsets and cigars



And backwoods, at that. 

I'm doing this new thing, propelled both my Mandy's incessant nagging and Mom's promise to give me $200 come Christmas if I'm successful, where I'm trying to quit smoking. I've made several attempts in the past, all to no avail. I've tried cold turkey and I've tried weaning off. I have tons of nicorette lying in the shadows waiting to shine, relics of older attempts. But this time I have a plan. Step One? Quit smoking cigarettes. So I've stopped buying the cigarettes, but I'll smoke maybe 1-2 black-and-mild cigars a day. So I'm not quitting smoking at this point, just moving past the need to light up a small cigarette at certain points in the day. 

And what's Step 2?
I'm not really sure, as I'm sorta making this up as I go.
But, still, not having a cigarette for three days now is pretty baller.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...