Saturday, March 12, 2005

We just returned from Kentucky, where we spent time with Aunt Teri, Uncle Bill, Grandma and Grandpa, celebrating me and my sister's birthdays. Friday night we watched The Green Mile, and this morning Dad, Ams and I watched Payback with Mel Gibson. We ran over to Aunt Teri's work, where we set up for Chipotle or Chipolte, however you spell it; Dad and Uncle Bill did the "books" for Uncle Bill's lawn care company. Dinner was a tuna submarine sandwich, and it was tempting to eat pizza and cheesy garlic sticks, but I held off for once. My birthday gifts were many: money, H.P. Lovecraft books, Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster, and a Christian classic, The Imitation of Christ: Thomas a Kempis' work from hundreds of years ago. I am not really tired. I may watch a movie. Tyler and I are supposed to do a skit for Southwest Church tomorrow, but we both memorized different scripts, so we'll either wing it or dock it. It's really Roger's decision, and it doesn't matter to me. I tried to fall asleep in the van on the way home, listening to Eisley, Johnny Cash, Straylight Run and Godspeed, but I just wasn't feeling it, and tiredness is unknown right now.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...