Thursday, March 10, 2005

Lee and I went to Borders, 1/2 Price, Best Buy, careening through traffic and digging through Borders gift certificates. I finally made up my mind after countless moments of heavy debate to buy We Were Soldiers and Dawn of the Dead DVDs; once you x-out the gift cards, each DVD only cost me four cents, which, let me tell you, is quite a steal. I had a nice discussion about Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Robert Romaro with the woman behind the counter, who is also a Dawn of the Dead fan (she says I need to see the original). I introduced Dylan to the Dawn of the Dead genre with 28 Days Later, and we've been planning on renting Dawn of the Dead, but since I've got it, that takes care of a lot of problems. Some other DVDs on my wishlist are Payback with Mel Gibson and possibly Donnie Darko.

The Williams', Dewenter, Casey and Bryon threw me a miniature party with a miniature cake (didn't taste so small: excellence of epic proportion!) and cheese and crackers. Since the party started at 9:30, I docked out early, but they finished it out nice by watching The Forgotten. It is odd that I was the first to leave my own party. Haha.

I am in the editing stages of 36 Hours; I actually finished it sometime in January. I think 36 Hours might be the last monumental piece of writing I ever undertake: it is quite a burden, as I am sure Mike Box knows, and short stories are so much easier. What really ticks me off, though, let me be quaint, is people who make fun of your writing when they haven't read a word of your work. The arrogance there is amazing. Oh well. What can you do but ignore them? Haha. I am off.

If you are a faithful reader due to some of my more "spiritual" overtones, and you've been disappointed with a seeming lack of such, don't be too alarmed. I have been writing a great deal of spiritual stuff, only I've dedicated another blog to it. The URL is http://hopeofanotherworld.blogspot.com, or you can just click on My Journey on the links to the right.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...