Thursday, August 25, 2005

Early Week was about the most boring week of my life, but now that it is past, things are getting exciting. I'm meeting lots of cool people, watching lots of cool movies, playing cool video games my roommate brought, going to Wal-Mart and Kroger and Applebee's (but being frugal with my money). Yesterday I had two papers to write and two worksheets to complete. Not too tough. My next class is in about an hour so I'm just eating lunch: a chipotle chicken wrap from the Hilltop Cafe.

During our first chapel, one of the worship songs really swept through me. It is called, I believe, "The King is Coming to Reign," and I have no idea who sings it. Usually my taste for this song is quite low, but God really whispered to me through the words. The lyrics that stuck out to me were these:

Life and salvation His empire shall bring
And joy to the nations when Jesus is King

For His returning we watch and we pray
We will be ready the dawn of that day
We'll join in singing with all the redeemed
'Cause Satan is vanquished and Jesus is King

It's easy to forget that this present world is not our home. The busy highways, the high-rise skyscrapers, the great museums of art and the hubbub of our day-to-day lives, this is not our home. Yet a lot of times we act as if it is. We live for the moment, live for the day, give no thought to tomorrow. Our eternity is rooted here on this earth, but not earth in its present form. Look out the window; what you see will, at the assigned time, be burnt up. Buildings, people, forests, everything will be destroyed by fire, just as the Flood destroyed everything it touched. When the earth is burnt up, the King who created it in the first place will create it again: a beautiful earth in a beautiful universe, restored to its original beauty and wonder! The King will walk with us, the King will give us jobs and homes and we will experience real life in Him. Our lives will be worship, our lives praises to the King, for Satan is no longer, and Jesus is King.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

It's called "Sing to the King" and it's on the Passsion 03 CD Candi Pearson is the one who sings it although I'm sure others have also including Kristen and Tena Hawkins at Southwest :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...