Friday, August 26, 2005

Some of you could be wondering, "What is college like for Anthony Jordan Barnhart?" To appease your inquisitive minds, let me tell you, as simply as I can. I invite you to take a walk with me through one day of my life here on campus.

Generally, I fall asleep somewhere between 11:00 PM and 2:00 AM, as is typical of the college life. I awake at seven o'clock or seven-thirty, depending on what classes I have that day, and I quickly shower. I like to brush my teeth in the shower, since the water is really warm. My roommate John wakes up ten minutes before his class starts. I don't think I could do that. I don't eat breakfast, but usually grab brunch between classes at the Hilltop Cafe--they have wonderful wraps and sandwiches. I like to finish all my studying before evening, because that's when we hang out and play video-games, sit on the hill and stare at the city, or go to Kroger or Wal-Mart, hitting up the popular joints. Throughout my day I visit the internet and work on my writing. I am currently working on The Sons of Mars, which I've been writing for eight months now.

I have met lots of fun and cool people here in Cincy. The people on my dorm are hilarious. I already knew John coming in, but I got to know others such as Forrest, Caleb, Nick, Brian, and familiars such as Cassie and Heather. I have also been enjoying the company of Jessica and Kim. Everyday I continue to meet more people--today I met two girls and I forget their names, but they were really nice to talk to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get to take a nap in the afternoon? No way could I survive only sleeping from 2am to 7:30am

darker than silence said...

If I feel like it :) Most days my classes are over by noon...

Dylan said...

Sounds fun man, its pretty much the same here.

Dylan said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Thanks for always being such a great friend. =)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...