Friday, August 12, 2005

I'm almost done packing. The only personal entertainment effects I'm taking with me are my books and some clay pots that look like they were from ancient Rome, and one that is a water-pot that could come right out of John 4. Also a few DVDs and VHS's, nothing too fancy. All the nervousness has been replaced with excitement. Last night my dad and I made a fire and talked about college and he said he was scared to death and yet his college years were exciting, too. I told him, "Well, I've got the upper-hand since I'm not scared." Maybe that will factor into my ability to make friends and such.

Mom and I shopped a little bit more today, also ate some Chinese at her favorite restaurant. Dewenter just showed up and we're going to The Flower Factory because he needs something from there, then tonight is the Senior High party right before I leave. Dewenter is dating my sister. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Mixed feelings I guess.

Next time I post I will be an official college student.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Have fun Anthony You'll do great I'll be praying for you

Anonymous said...

WE MOVE IN TOMORRRRROW!!!!!!!!

Dylan said...

Yeah dude. I'm really glad your not nervous anymore..(yeah I dont know about pat and ams dude...We'll see.)

Mike said...

hey anth. i am excited for you. I know that change is awkward sometimes, but honestly it helps you grow. good luck with everything and know that i am always here for you and i will be on capmus in october.

darker than silence said...

thanks everyone for the encouragement...

Jess, I will see you tomorrow...

Mike, call me on my cell when you hit the campus and maybe we can grab some coffee or something... They give us 100 dollars for the coffee shop, but if you don't get a card, I'll pay for ya. Just call me on the cell (get it from someone down here, don't wanna post it on the internet).

Adam said...

Hey, I talked to your dad tonight. He's definitely excited for you and I'm sure your family will miss you muchly, even though you're not too far away.

See you on Sunday!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...