Thursday, August 11, 2005

Yesterday was spent at Paramount's King's Island with a handful of Junior Highers. This is my last "activity" of my internship, though I am going into the "office" today and my official last day is not until Sunday. I have really enjoyed this internship, this experience, getting to know these kids and having fun with them. I've also recognized more and more that youth ministry--as well as any ministry, I believe--is not so much about clever little sermons or good Bible studies, but building relationships and, through those relationships, showing others the Kingdom, inviting others into the Kingdom.

King's Island was a fun time and part of me is sad and yet another part of me is excited. The internship ends because college has sprung upon me. As I rode on the swings yesterday with some kids, I closed my eyes and felt extremely happy that while the fun at King's Island would end--with aching feet, no doubt--this is not the end, but the very beginning. In four years I hope to graduate from college with a degree in youth ministry, and I plan on landing a job somewhere at a smaller church where I can really invest my time into these kids. God has been showing me more and more that He has designed me to be a youth minister; perhaps that is why He's made me so crazy and weird, as all my friends and acquaintances will vouch for.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

I'm excited to see how we grow up anth...=)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...