Monday, August 08, 2005

We got back from C.I.Y. late afternoon yesterday. It was an amazing conference, a wonderful experience. God's voice came to me in a myriad of ways and God even showed me his voice through coincidences and other little things that made me smile. I've been struggling with worries about the future, not just about college, and the more and more I try to ensure my future will go according to my plans, the more stress I receive, the more depression creeps up, and I only worry more and more. God has told me, "If you try to save your life, you will lose it. But if you lose your life for my sake, you will find it." So He's been calling me to 'lose my life' to Him; surrender everything--everything--and let Him work in His ways. He'll make things happen, He can do a much better job than I can. He's promised me His plans aren't bad, but they're good and wonderful, a plan of joy and prosperity. He keeps reiterating that last part, too.

Mom and I went shopping for college today. We stopped at several stores: The Flower Factory, Target, Drug-Mart. We spent a lot of money, and she'd probably murder me if I wrote on here exactly how much. But it all goes to a good end (me, haha). I am getting more and more excited about college. My last day 'at home' is Friday, as I move into Cincinnati Christian University on Saturday. Oh, and Mom took me to my favorite restaurant: Red Lobster! They're food is amazing and I salivate at the thought of those cheddar bay biscuits...

3 comments:

Dylan said...

I agree CIY was amazing, and what a good learning experience too. MMMMMM!!!! REEEDDDDD LLOOOOBBBSSSTTTEEERRR!

Rochelle said...

Stress has a way of sucking the life out of you ..you will have alot of people praying for you Anthony I think once you get there you'll feel better..more focused..less fear of the unknown
You're right your mom would probably kill you :)

Unknown said...

The only time ive ever heard the word salivate was on napoleon dynamite in kips wedding song:)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...