Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Let me be completely honest: it isn't too exciting down here. There's only about twenty of us freshmen, and of the four people on my floor, three of us either sleep all the time or hole up and don't come out. I have my door open and it's resulted in some meager conversation before my companions on 4-North retreat to their own rooms. At least there isn't a whole lot of free time; classes range anywhere from 8-5, and I know tonight I will have to study for a test. I am just thankful my psychology class is interesting.

To pass the time, Jessica, Kim and I have traveled up to Springboro over the last two days. I don't know if they'll be going up again, but I plan on staying down here. I know my aunt is coming Thursday and Friday I will be returning home for one night. Now I need to get ready for class at 8:30, but I just wanted to fill everybody in on what is going down here in Cincinnati. Oh, and we got lost in Price Hill yesterday looking for a BP station, and we saw a drug deal unfold on the corner. At the local Wal-Mart people get shot and stabbed so often that police patrol inside-and-out. Kind of gives you an idea of the location the school is in...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anth,

So far this year I believe there have only been two shootings in Price Hill and I believe they involved a "turf war". With the amount of develop in that area, north of CCU, I think the area is generally safe.

Mike said...

i love the campus at CCU (especially at night overlooking the city) but i have always called that part of cincy the "cess-pool" of the city. it is a rough area, but for the most part you are safe on campus, if you need supplies or just something to do, go to florence (y'all) it is about 15 minutes south on 75. big mall, lots of stores in the area and not cincy. take care, and know that jeff is right, once the other people get there it will be a little more college-y.

darker than silence said...

Yeah, the view at night is amazing. There's one drive that goes down a small hill and makes a sharp turn to go around the guys' dorm; if you go down it fast, it looks like you're about ready to ramp onto the city. It's amazing.

John says every night some students lead unofficial worship at night-time on the hill overlooking the city.

darker than silence said...

I am enjoying it... Don't think this is the worst week of my life :-)

I just know it'll get a lot better!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...