Thursday, January 12, 2006

So this is what Hell feels like: nine hours of lectures a day, five days a week, interspersed by moments of joy. One such moment of joy included a late-night trip to I.H.O.P. for all-you-can-eat pancakes. For a small guy like me, that wasn't much, but what I did eat was wonderful. The conversation was enjoyable as well; Nick, John, Hensel, Rob, Jessica and Jackie all tagged along. Rob looks like he's forty and I look like I'm twelve, so we convinced the waitress that I was his son. I didn't eat my Hashbrowns so Jackie yelled at me, "You can't leave the table till you eat them!" The community reminded me of those "old days," when I would grab Fudd-ruckers with Dylan and Chris, or China Cottage with Pat, Lee, Ashlie and Amanda.

Last night I finished Your God Is Too Small by J.B. Phillips. His expose on the gospel was beautiful. It is almost a small rendition of C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. Well, I must depart: we're talking about prophecy in Philosophy of Religion. Don't want to miss that (sarcasm intended)!

1 comment:

Dylan said...

Yeah Fudds was always amazing! Miss you bro.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...