Saturday, January 28, 2006

It has been quite an exciting day. I woke up late since I didn't have to get up for Winter Weekend, unlike Brian who had to awake at 7:00 to get his boys up and moving. The dining hall was packed this afternoon, but they were serving amazing food. By serving amazing food, they were commiting a sin by lying to the high schoolers about the true state of things here. Afterwards, I spent time in the Worship Arts Ministry, hanging out with A.J. and Jobst. I sat outside on the coffee shop patio and wrote a few pages in my most recent story, taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

This afternoon, Brian asked me and Caleb to tag along with him and his youth group to the Cincinnati Mills mall for a scavenger hunt. It was a great time, getting to know the High Schoolers. It was funny to see Brian acting so serious; I'm just not used to it. Brian can be serious a lot, but most of the time he's the sarcastic guy who provokes "situations." I fell asleep on the drive back to the school. Oh, and Brian hit a parked car in the church van. I hope he has fun explaining that one to the pastor at Southfork.

Southwest Church is starting a new lesson series for the Jr. and Sr. High ministries. I have already written out the first lesson in regard to the project our church is undertaking: the building of an official building. I am excited about the building's construction, for I know that having a church building is essential to community. It creates a wonderful atmosphere. Right now we are meeting in a gymnasium, and while there's nothing really wrong with it, community is hard to foster. I envision a beautiful community reminescent of the early Church taking place at Southwest Church. The concept of tomorrow's lesson revolves around, "How can I help with the project?" I am stressing on being missionaries, and in being so, helping the core purpose of the project, which is to advance the Kingdom through Springboro, Ohio. One of the key scriptures I am using is 2 Chronicles 7:14:

If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (NKJV)

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...