Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sometimes I wish I had gone to Berkeley for a degree in paleontology. Not really, because I'm more passionate about ministry, but yet there is something deep within me that cannot be detached from me no matter what, and that is a passion for those curious little ancient creatures called dinosauria. The passion has been with me since childhood, and it is often resurrected. In Philosophy of Religion we talked about dinosaurs, and suddenly I actually wanted to be in the class. A few days ago I watched some of Discovery Channel's Walking with Dinosaurs, then read about iguanodontids in one of my many dinosaur encyclopedias. Today I was surfing the internet and saw many dinosaur skull replicas; I dreamed of seeing them about my study when I graduate college. It would be exciting, I think, to study dinosaurs in the field, then write books about them in the wintertime. It would be a tremendous joy for me.

Today the class I taught did not go so well. That's what you get for not being prepared. Caleb came home with me, and afterwards Mom and Dad treated us to Lone Star steakhouse. Caleb--a cowboy at heart, wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy shoes and not looking like a poser doing it--loved the place. He couldn't stop staring at the giant buffalo head or the horns mounted above the doorway. He wants to get married and move to Texas to counsel teenagers. He's a good kid. I'm back at college now, and plan on spending the rest of the day sleeping, watching The Boondock Saints, and writing. Since I don't have classes on Tuesdays, I have a four-day weekend. Woot-woot.

Tomorrow I return home again, this time with the innate mission of spending time with my friends whom I have terribly missed. I will eat out for lunch with Ashlie, Amanda, and Chris, then maybe hit up Starbucks. It should be a fun and exciting time. Tomorrow night I will be back at campus, ready to start another semester.

Things I wish to change about this semester:
  1. Be more outgoing!
  2. Express my thoughts!
  3. Eat better and exercise (freshman 15 are sneaking up on me)
  4. Keep focused on Christ and His Kingdom

1 comment:

Adam said...

No one should punish themselves by wanting to move to Texas. That boy needs a lobotomy, quick!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...