Thursday, February 15, 2007

My best friend is without question my little sister Amanda. We tell one another everything. Isn't it coincidental that our lives, though separated by two years, nearly coincide with one another? I mean, everything I go through she goes through a little while later. On Sunday, before I preached, Amanda and I sat down and just discussed what we can do to help one another regain footing with our intimacy with God. My talk with Trista Tuesday night reinforced a lot of it and brought new things into focus.
    Amanda called me the other day and showed me a scripture she had found. It is from Psalm 138: "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you, God, preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. GOD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, GOD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands." I am currently walking through the midst of emotional trouble, yet God is holding me even in my darkest hours; He is stretching His hand against the wrath of my enemies (Satan, who is seeking to keep me from God's plans for my life); I find hope that God knows what He is doing and that His purpose for me WILL come to fruition as I continue to seek His face and grow more intimate with Him.
      My God is affectionate towards me.
      My God cares for me more than I can possibly know.
      My God has not abandoned me. He is doing something great in me during the pain.
      My God has a wonderful plan for my life. It is indescribable. He will blow me away.
        I just need to trust Him. In the words of the psalmist, I hear God's voice ringing out to me: "Trust in Me. Hope in Me. Wait--and watch!"

        1 comment:

        Dylan said...

        Beautiful to see people not giving up..

        where we're headed

        Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...