Friday, April 06, 2007

I had a wonderful time at my girlfriend's place this weekend. We went out to eat with her sister at an authentic Mexican restaurant (amazing!), then we watched The Island with her hilarious mom. We sat on the couch and talked for a few hours before exhaustion overcame us both; she crept up to her bedroom and I sprawled out on the couch, knocked out in a mere few moments. Today has been a hard day; although being with her redeemed much of it, I have been rather depressed. I was unable to refill my prescription on Monday, so I haven't had my depression medicine for nearly a week. I am beginning to feel a difference. I have no energy, no desire to be active, and I find myself lost in empty, vacant thoughts that go nowhere. I hate this feeling. I apologized to Courtney for it, but she understood and was just happy to sit with me for much of yesterday. She really is a great, compassionate girl and I am really happy to be with her.

I don't have much planned for this weekend. Tomorrow Dad and I are going to go see a movie, probably Ghost Rider (the new one with one of my favorite actors, Nicholas Cage). I *might* be teaching class on Sunday; it depends on whether or not the students are left in the main service for Roger's message or are dismissed to their own classes as usual. Easter--along with other religious holidays--seems to throw these things in a loop sometimes. The next lesson will be on Hebrews 6, and it looks like a pretty good chapter, convicting to me and hopefully convicting to the students as well.

Here are the classes I am going to be taking this summer and into next semester:

Modern Ethical Problems: Jim Snyder
Dangerous Earth: Reuben Bullard
Pentateuchal Studies, the Exodus: Dan Dyke
New Testament Seminar: Jamie Smith
Church Growth/Church Planting: Larry Travis
The Gospel of Luke: Jon Weatherly

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...