Tuesday, April 10, 2007



When I was younger, I went to an easter party where we innocent children were greeted by a man dressed in an easter bunny costume handing out candy. The beauty of the celebration quickly evaporated that night, when I had one of my first memorable childhood nightmares: I found myself in a completely dark gymnasium, utterly alone, and a great mist rose up from the ground as a giant easter bunny with fangs stalked me; although I tried to escape, it quickly overcame me, picked me up in its clawed hands, and sank its fangs into my neck, sucking my blood. This dream, thankfully, did not repeat itself (to my knowledge), quite unlike my two other prominent childhood dreams. In the first, I was all alone in the house, being hunted by a demented Big Bird (yes, Sesame Street) who had a long neck and giant wings with a wingspan of the living room; this creature would chase me to my parents' bedroom, where I would lock the door and run under the bed; I would hear it slamming its beak against the door and shrieking right before I would wake up. The other one (and this one is the one I feared the most) was a dream where I found myself suspended in a closet, surrounded by these dark-skinned, goblin-looking creatures who took their slender, foot-long claws and drove them through my back over-and-over. I would literally wake up arching my back and gasping for air. I think that counts as a night terror? Anyways, I saw this picture and it made me remember my innocent childhood days... And no wonder I like writing horror so much; my dreams continue to plague me!

Courtney and I went to Student Life to do homework, but we ended up writing poems to one another before she took us out to eat at Wendy's. Here is one of the silly poems she wrote me:

When you fart it touches my heart.
You give me chills like OD'ing on pills.
Your smile gleams like a fat kid with ice cream.
Your kiss is filled with much goodness and bliss.
When your hand takes mine, I feel so fine.
Sweeter than sugar, warmer than piss;
you're my boyfriend and I do like this.

1 comment:

agapetos said...

ROFL!! That was the best poem I've every ready!! More, more, more!! (this woman is cut out to be some pastor's wife one day, I can just tell!!)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...