Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yesterday was quite a busy day. Class till eleven, lunch at noon with Courtney, work 1-4, then hanging out with Caleb and Emily for a few hours. Emily was terrified of the big storm rolling in; coming from Xenia, she's had her fair share of tornadoes. When the first of two big storms rolled through--I have pictures of the storm I hope to put on here tomorrow; it was really cool--the sky became green and calm. Emily ran down the hall of the Worship Ministry building, breathing in horror and shouting, "The sky is green! The sky is green!" We were able to calm her down. I took a drive down Price Hill; two women waved me down, and since it was 10:30 I planned on leaving, but I felt something within me say, Help them. So I gave them a lift to their home (since their car broke down). We talked about a lot of things, mostly C.C.U. She lives on Wilder, right next to the school, and is familiar with many of the C.C.U. students. She lives alone, a divorcee, so she lets kids come and use her house and yard for parties and barbecues and such as that. I have heard one of my friends talk about her before, but I had never met her. She seemed like a pretty neat woman, and I was glad to have shown hospitality to some folk in need (hospitality is something that is in great need nowadays).
    I have a large paper on the life of David to write, so I'll start doing research on that tomorrow. It will be a long paper, serving as the midterm and final exam of my "Life of David" class. The schematics and outlines are all up to us. I have decided to divide the paper as such, using "Acts" instead of "Parts" to try and capture the life of David as a story, not a set of historical facts irrelevant to us in our own age:
      Prologue: The Evolution of a Nation
      Act I: David's Early Years
      Act II: David the Warrior
      Act III: David the Fugitive
      Act IV: David the King
      Appendix I: David, His Legacy
      Appendix II: The Davidic Covenant
        I'm really excited to be writing this paper. I'll post the "Acts" as I go through them.

        where we're headed

        Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...