Saturday, April 07, 2007

I planned on sleeping in till 12:30, 1:00, but I rolled out around 9:00, much to my dismay. I have spent my day so far watching movies: "The Lion King," "Jacob's Ladder," and Dad and I went and saw "Ghost Rider" (not as good as I had hoped it would be). Dad is pacing around the kitchen making his grilled fish, Doogie is curled up beside the sofa, in his own little world, Mom and Amanda are sunbathing in Cancun, and Courtney is lying in bed with a splitting headache. I imagine I will spend the rest of my day working on some homework, maybe hammering out a few pages in a project, and working on a special post tomorrow entitled "Easter Re:visited," where I will take many modern misconceptions about the meaning of Easter and replace them with what I view to be the correct "interpretation" of what happened that first Easter Sunday when a crucified Jewish Rabbi rose from the dead fully alive.

I landed a summer job five hours north working at a Christian Summer Camp as a paid staff counselor. My duties will include preaching, leading Bible studies, and helping out with day-to-day activities with the campers, aged 6 to 18. I am actually going to be working with two of my best friends from school: Kyle and Amos. I should have about a month off scattered between the camps where I can come home, spend time with family and friends, and visit my girlfriend who is going to be working full-time and then some this summer. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I'll be able to lose some much-in-excesses weight.

I have felt really convicted lately about many things. More on this soon, I imagine.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...