Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween!

Halloween is Sarah's favorite holiday, and she's getting pretty excited about tonight. We've gone to various stores three times this week hooking her up with the costume essentials (she's going as a cat). We have bags of candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters, though we opted out of carving another pumpkin (the fiasco with the last pumpkin has frightened us away). I'm going as... something. Not sure yet. I bought a face-painting kit, and Sarah's going to help me figure out what to do. I wanted to go as a Viking: buy a helmet, a tunic, and I already have a viking sword (a necessary item when living in this part of Cincinnati), but the helmet and tunic would have cost too much. Tonight we are going to a Halloween party with some friends.

I've begun looking for jobs following my graduation in December. I'm going to be looking for secular jobs in the realm of social work, and I'm also going to be looking for ministerial jobs with churches around the Cincinnati area. I have tons of experience for ministry, but jobs are hard to find nonetheless. I'm praying that God will enable me to get a job. I've also applied for Seminary at C.C.U., but I may have missed the deadline (silly me).

The video posted below is one Sarah and I made while at Ault Park. I used a movie maker to add the music, which is from "Batman: The Dark Knight." There's a whole story-line behind it, born in 2006, but I don't have the time nor the desire to carve out an explanation. Just enjoy the movie (and, yes, that is me running up the steps on all fours).


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...