Thursday, October 01, 2009

october begins!

We don’t have heating or insulation in our house, so it’s getting pretty cold. We bundle up pretty tightly, and it’s only fifty degrees outside! The house traps the cold and expels the heat, it seems. “I dread this winter,” Sarah says. I offered to give her my room, and I would take the basement (where it would be colder), and she’s considering doing it. I think it would be cool to live in the basement. I would light my room with candles and candles alone. It would be like I were a monk or some peasant in Medieval Europe. Oh, me and my fantasies.


Sarah and her deuschbag boyfriend broke up. I’m glad they did. He treated her like shit, and she deserves so much more. She’s in a lot of pain right now, but she knows it’s for the best. She wants to grow closer to God, wants to start living in a manner that is pleasing to Him, and she knows that being with her ex not only complicates but also hinders that. She has a priority, and I hope the temptation to return to him doesn’t become too overwhelming. She deserves so, so, SO much more than what he has ever given her. It literally hurt me to see them together, to see how he treated her; and it hurts me to think that she may settle for less than what she deserves.


One of my exes is getting married Saturday. It’s kind of weird. I’m happy for her. She’s happy, her fiancé is happy, I think they’ll make it, and in a world where marriages fail every day, that’s something to celebrate. It’s weird for me because there was a time when we talked about getting married, and I had believed we would. Now she’s getting married to someone else, and reflections on the past just highlight how far I haven’t gone in experiencing my dreams; but that’s okay, because I am being refined by many experiences to become a person who will be an amazing husband and an amazing dad.


I am working on three different novels right now: “Metamorphosis,” “The Toothless Kiss of Skeletons,” and “The Boy Who Hoped.” Each is wildly and fantastically different than the other. I feel like I have no time to write, and Writer’s Block has been a bitch lately, but I’ve hammered out some pretty solid and decent material thus far.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...