Friday, August 29, 2014

of goats and softball



Things were busy at the farm yesterday, so I took Ben and Jason for a walk through the woods, past the vintage springhouse (my favorite spot on the farm), and then we snuck into the goat pen and played with all the baby goats. They were so adorable! I would love to have a goat one day.

On Wednesday evening Jason's parents hosted a "Ridgecrest Family Picnic." Jason made his world-famous "secret recipe" burgers (of which I had three), and side dishes included baked macaroni and cheese topped with breadcrumbs, a delicious salad, and deviled eggs (of which I had six). I was so full that I couldn't even handle any dessert, and I could barely finish my beer. Ben wanted to play a round of cornhole, so we gathered up some people and played. He's super competitive, and one of my greatest joys is getting under his competitive skin. He lost both games we played, though he made several bags in the hole. Jason didn't do so hot, so I exclaimed, "Jason, you did awesome! And Ben, I really expected more from you." He got so upset. We played some more, and he lost again. "Ben, you're matching the losing streak you made at softball this year!" He stormed off. Absolutely hilarious. Here's a video of him ranting about how his team lost the championship game:


I don't have anything else I want to write about.
So in the words of Tigger: "Tata for now."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...