Thursday, August 21, 2014

a hoop house kinda day

Holed up in the Hoop House!
It's rained literally all day. Ben, Jason and I spent the morning pulling weeds in the "hoop house" (basically a technical word for a type of greenhouse), and we were stranded in there as hammering rain drowned out the world. I love the sound of rain drumming on canvas; it made me want to be camping down at the Gorge. Once my Monday shift is transferred to another staff, I'll have an actual Day Off, and I plan on celebrating with lots of hiking (maybe camping, if I take off Tuesday morning), and eating burgers and drinking beers at the Rock House.

Summer is almost over, and I haven't even ridden my bike yet.
I need to get the tires pumped, and I need to buy a helmet.
(I refuse to ride without a helmet; old-school, I know)
I've been itching to bike the Mariemont to Xenia bike trail.
Maybe I can put that on my "Monday Bucket List".

My blog has been getting lit up recently. Visitors from all over the world have been stopping by to see a certain post I published in January of this year. Germany, Poland, France, Australia, Japan, even Somalia (I didn't even know they had internet over there!)... Countries all over the world have been stopping by. What is it that draws them here? THIS post. (the capital letters is a link; click it) Apparently I've become part of a worldwide sensation.

I'm hoping I'll get to go see Ams tonight at her new apartment in Fairfield.
It's near Jungle Jim's; I may swing by there and buy some honey.
(they have a honey jar with REAL HONEYCOMB inside)
This weekend I'm doing the Ice Bucket Challenge. (is that what it's called?)
Mom is making me do it, even though I refuse to donate to acronymical charities.

There's a meme floating around the internet of a homeless guy in Cincinnati offering to sell a police car. I stumbled across it and laughed out loud. It's Terry, one of my favorite homeless guys. He wanders around Fountain Square, is always very polite, and he'll talk your ear off, sharing stories about how God has been at work in his life, how he's come to trust in God's sovereignty, and how he doesn't feel shame for being homeless (he's one of those guys whose homelessness isn't due to laziness), and how he finds comfort when Jesus says that some people who follow him won't have places to lay their heads. He's also hilarious. Here's the picture:


1 comment:

jessie said...

I love this post. Everything about it.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...