Tuesday, September 23, 2014

#blakezers


The Gang got together to celebrate Blake’s birthday: John cooked hot dogs and hamburgers, Traci made her vodka drinks, I sipped a bottle of wine, and we played video games, got a little buzzed, and fellowshipped. I honestly feel kinda weird calling it that, but that’s what it is: the gathering of friends to celebrate. When I’m feeling down, I remind myself that I have some of the best friends and family in the world, and those blessings are the sort of which you don’t know their value until they’re taken away. 

Jason (one of my main clients) is out of town this week, vacationing at Disneyworld in Florida. I have all my evening shifts covered for my Pennsylvania trip, and thus this week I only have six hours. It’s terrifying, to be honest; but I’m going to enjoy this week virtually free of adult responsibilities: playing video games, reading books, hanging out with friends, and then exploring historical sites from the French & Indian War. Autumn is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Blake said...

I'm proud that I have my own pound sign.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...